Post 2010 Earthquake Community Rebuilding Project in Mirebalais/Nirvard, Haiti
After land was purchased and after consulting with engineering firms, HCAS developed a plan alongside our international partners for the post-earthquake rebuilding of Haiti Children’s Home and essential community services needed in Mirebalais, Haiti.
This new multi-million dollar development includes:
- New housing for up to 60 Children (a 100% increase in capacity from the previous facility)
- A small community medical clinic
- Multiuse spaces for play, school and youth apprenticeship training
- Water filtration and waste water management (providing safety from waterborne illness)
- Staff and volunteer housing
- Youth Training Facility
- Micro-Business Development
Take a tour with us as we go back to the beginnings of the rebuilding of Haiti Children's Home, all the way to when the children moved in!
Six days per week, the rebuilding project provided essential employment for up to 56 Haitian people, which in turn is allowing them to care for and impact their families—up to 350 people daily! They are deeply thankful for this project, feeling pride in their work and in their ability to provide for their families. Having the vision of transforming their community come to fruition has provided hope and empowerment to them.
July 1, 2015 – THE CHILDREN MOVED IN! THE DAY FINALLY ARRIVED! So much hard work, donations, volunteered time, passion, love, grace, miracles, encouragement and patience has brought this day forth. See the joy on these children’s faces and be encouraged. God’s hand has guided us all to this exciting day!